Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out with old ~ In with the new

Out with the old ~ In with the new

Sorry, I don't have any pictures today, just my thoughts.....

Last year was one year I probably won't forget. Josh graduated high school and started College. Mom, Dad and I had surgeries. George, Josh and Lauren stayed pretty healthy.
Thank goodness for family and friends and the sweet kiddo's that I watch, that kept me sane last year.

This year, my goal is to get healthier and to try to stay on top of this Fibromyalgia. I am going to kick its BUTT! I am tired of being tired and tired of being in pain. Another goal is to try to get back to being more organized. George, Josh and Lauren, sorry in advance, but this will probably affect you allot. Also, I want to be a better friend. I just feel like I have not been there 110%. I need to be a better friend.

Lastly, this has weighed heavily on me......... So, this is what I am going to try to live by "Try to make a difference"
I want to make a difference, be it big or small.

Bring on 2009!

Jen

5 I have alot of commednts:

Cecile said...

Hey Girl,
I am sure that you that you already make a difference in people's lives um...mine...when you sent me an e-mail and said that you read my blog and that I could visit your blog that made my day(a difference)!!I will keep you in my prayers with the Fibro I know it's hard to live with because my cousin has it and it has controlled her life for a while now and she is getting some relief finally and I do hope that that happens to you too!!!
Hugs!!
Cecile

Bonnie said...

Hi Jen, Hope you don't mind that I came over from Cecile's Blog. I see you comment to her all the time and thought I would pop over and say HI! I agree with Cecile, I'm sure you make a BIG difference to alot of people. I read quite a few of your blogs on my visit....I just love those turkeys your dad made for Thanksgiving. My sister has Fibro, so I somewhat know how you feel. I will keep in you my prayers that you get some sort of relief. Have a great day! Oh, can I add you to my list of bloggers? Thanks.

Ann said...

Jen - Well look at it this way of being sick right now, you got it out of the way, right:)

Your a an awesome friend just the way you are and you even take awesome care of my son!!!!

I'm so so so thankful to have you, George, Josh and Lauren in our lives!!!!

(((hugs))) to you and glad we started the new year out together!!!

The Ski's said...

You're awesome....and you DO make a difference to so many around you. Trust me...our family has been affected by you in so many wonderful ways! Hope you are feeling better today, and hope you can enjoy the snow from inside your warm, cozy house! I showered...then put fresh jammies on! Might as well...who is going to see me today?????? Gotta love a day like this once in awhile. Hope you are well.....do take care today!

...Oh, one quick story. As we were eating dinner last night, Ellie asked if we could pray for you to feel better soon. I told her that this was a fantastic idea. We finished up our dinner prayer and we began to eat. Ellie got really upset and exclaimed, "We forgot to pray for Neeno!!!" I was figuring we were going to pray for you at bedtime...when we pray for all our friends. But, no....Ellie had to do it right then and there! So, we prayed for you at Dinner time! Hope you felt our prayers and hope you are feeling much better! Take care!

Missy Glave said...

I agree with everyone here ... you DO make a difference in people's lives. It makes me so happy when you've visited my blog and leave a comment ... like Cecile ... THAT'S a difference.

I do know what you mean though ... I think we are often pulled in many directions and we forget "us" sometimes. "US" includes spending quality times with our friends. Those relationships are very important.